Saturday, November 25, 2006




THOUGHTS



I was so moved last week in class when a mom of a little boy that it is Rylan's Mother's Day Out program spoke up about her struggles with her son. I know her son and have seen what she refers to as his "steadfastness". He is very strong willed and can become completely inconsolable very quickly. She said that she always prays for God to use his steadfastness for his glory. That really moved me. She said that if her son had as much steadfastness for God as he does for what sweater to wear in the morning then he would be a powerful advocate of faith. We should all pray for God to use our children exactly as they are for his glory. I'm glad that she shared and it has changed my prayers for my children. I looked up the meaning of the word and searched the scripture so that for all of us with little steadfast kiddos (especially our boys) can remember just how great this can be.
steadfast 
–adjective
1. fixed in direction; steadily directed: a steadfast gaze.
2. firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc., as a person: a steadfast friend.
3. unwavering, as resolution, faith, adherence, etc.
4. firmly established, as an institution or a state of affairs.
5. firmly fixed in place or position.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me.
So that's all from this day in the life of mommysmart!

No comments: