Saturday, November 04, 2006

THOUGHTS

If there are two things that I believe in completely, it is choices and attitude. I believe that everyday that you have the blessing of opening your eyes and taking a breath that you get choices. Of the these choices, the most important one, is attitude.

With that being said, I also don’t believe that bad choices are a life sentence. If you are a Christian, then that is something that you not only believe, but are awarded by the death of Jesus. I was watching Oprah yesterday and she said something very profound. She had a young girl on that was in prison for killing her newborn. It was awful and graphic. At the very end of the show, Oprah said to her that “you are not your past”. That is so simple and yet so easily overlooked. There is also a quote from Maya Angelou that says…You did then what you knew how to do and now that you know better, you can do better. I still don’t know why Christians are the hardest to convince or this. We are freed by the blood of Jesus and yet we walk around carrying all of this “bad choice” baggage.

Ephesians 1:7
He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.

So let’s let it all go!
I am officially a college student...AGAIN
I registered for my classes that will begin in January. I will be taking biology, government (US), sociology, and psychology. Please pray for me.
Most Loved Heroes-Can you find yours?
abe lincoln abraham lincoln abraham maslow al gore alan watts albert einstein albert schweitzer aldous huxley alex grey alice walker allen ginsberg amma ammachi amy goodman andrew cohen angelina jolie ani difranco anne frank aristotle artists arundhati roy audrey hepburn aung san suu kyi ayn rand babaji barack obama batman beethoven bell hooks ben franklin benjamin franklin bill clinton bill gates bill hicks bill moyers bjork bob dylan bob marley bono brother bruce lee buckminster fuller bucky fuller budda buddah buddha byron katie carl jung carl sagan cesar chavez charles darwin che guevara children chogyam trungpa christ cindy sheehan crazy horse da vinci dad dalai lama dali lama dan millman david bowie david deida david suzuki deepak chopra dennis kucinich desmond tutu douglas adams dr. martin luther king dr. martin luther king jr. eckhart tolle edgar cayce einstein eleanor roosevelt emerson emma goldman ernest holmes everyone family father frank lloyd wright frank zappa frida kahlo friends galileo gandhi gandi george harrison george washington georgia o'keefe ghandi gloria steinem god goethe hafiz harriet tubman helen keller henry david thoreau henry miller hh the dalai lama hillary clinton his holiness the dalai lama howard zinn hunter s. thompson jack kerouac jane goodall jerry garcia jesus jesus christ jesus of nazareth jfk jim henson jim morrison jimi hendrix jimmy carter joan of arc john coltrane john f. kennedy john lennon john muir johnny depp jon stewart joni mitchell joseph campbell joss whedon jr. julia butterfly hill jung kahlil gibran karl marx ken wilber ken wilbur krishna krishnamurti kurt vonnegut lance armstrong lao tzu leonard cohen leonardo da vinci leonardo davinci lincoln madonna mahatma gandhi mahatma ghandi malcolm x malcom x mandela margaret sanger marianne williamson mark twain martin luther martin luther king martin luther king jr martin luther king jr. mary magdalene maya angelou me michael franti michael jordan michael moore milarepa mlk mlk jr. mohammed mohandas gandhi mom mom and dad moses mother mother teresa mother theresa mozart muhammad ali my brothers my children my dad my daughter my dog my family my father my friends my grandfather my grandma my grandmother my grandparents my husband my kids my mom my mom and dad my mother my mum my parents my sister my son my wife myself neale donald walsch neil young nelson mandela nelson mandella neo nietzsche nikola tesla noam chomsky none oprah oprah winfrey oscar wilde osho pablo neruda paramahansa yogananda parents peace pilgrim pema chodron peter gabriel picasso plato princess diana rachel carson ralph nader ralph waldo emerson ram dass ramana maharshi richard branson richard feynman robert anton wilson robert kennedy robin williams rosa parks rumi salvador dali shakespeare siddhartha siddhartha gautama socrates spiderman sri aurobindo st. francis st. francis of assisi starhawk stephen colbert stephen hawking steve jobs sting superman susan b. anthony swami vivekananda teachers terence mckenna the buddha the dalai lama the dali lama thich nhat hahn thich nhat hanh thomas edison thomas jefferson thomas merton thoreau timothy leary tom robbins tori amos vandana shiva viktor frankl vincent van gogh walt disney walt whitman wayne dyer william blake william shakespeare winston churchill wonder woman yoda yogananda you
So from Oprah....
You are not your past. You are what is possible for you. Own this truth and move forward in your life. Forgive yourself, and others will be able to forgive you."
Blessings
I feel blessed to be freed from my sin by the blood of Jesus.
So that's all from this day in the life of mommysmart!

No comments: