Friday, December 01, 2006



THOUGHTS

I'm sure that you have seen the bumper sticker that reads 'how's my driving'. I passed a pickup on Tuesday with that bumper sticker. I wondered how that must feel to know that everyone gets to be your critic and they have a number to call if they don't agree with your driving. I started thinking about what that would be like if we wore our christian bumper sticker on our backs...'how's my example'. We would all look funny walking around with big stickers on our backs, but I think that it might make me more aware of my actions.

ODD TWO OUT

I have days when I feel like I struggle to find my "place" in the world so here is a little fun therapy. The best part is that there are two that don't belong which is a reminder that we are never really alone.

In this teaser, you have to find the odd ones out in the groups of words. BUT WAIT! There's a catch. Each group of words has TWO words which do not belong. Can you find them both?

EXAMPLE: Lily - Jane - Tulip - Rose

Jane does not belong as it's the only one which is not a flowerTulip also does not belong because it's the only one which is not a girl's nameYou're on you own for the rest!

1. Dodge - Ford - Lincoln - Hoover

2. King - Earl - Knight - Bishop

3. Yellow - Green - Dead - Black

Answers at http://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/teaser.php?op=2;id=15293;comm=0

I want to cary fish bowls

This came from my friend Kristen. I love it!

WET PANTS

Come with me to a third grade classroom....There is a nine-year-old kid sitting at his desk andall of a sudden, there is a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants are wet. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It's never happened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will never hear the end of it. When the girls find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives. The boy believes his heart is going to stop; he puts his head down and prays this prayer,"Dear God, this is an emergency!I need help now!Five minutes from now I'm dead meat."He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered. As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Susie is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap. The boy pretends to be angry, but all the while is saying to himself, "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out. All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk. The sympathy is wonderful. Butas life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else - Susie. She tries to help, but they tell her to get out. You've done enough, you klutz!"Finally, at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, the boy walks over to Susie and whispers,"You did that on purpose, didn't you?"Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too."

May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good.Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you aChristian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. I only hope that in the coming years there will be many people with fish bowls around me!!!

Blessings

Today I feel blessed to have clutter. Yes, clutter. I look around and realize that all of that clutter means that there is life in this home. As I straighten my desk, I am noticing all of the blessings of my life. The art that Ashlynn made at school, the camera that captures so much fun, the books that bring us understanding, and the memory game that we play together as a family. Even though it needs to be put away, today it served as a reminder of my blessings.

So that's all in this day in the life of mommysmart!

No comments: