Monday, March 12, 2007

Time travel




Sorry, I'm blogging a little late this morning. SPRING BREAK, YEA HOO!!! As a part of my daily routine, I read the current news (online, of course). I was shocked to see the above as a title to a news story. I don't think that I am exactly of high intelligence so can we just all say well, DUH! Interestingly enough, it got me to thinking. If we could travel back, would we feel like we were the most brilliant person in the world? Would we treat others like they were ignorant? Would we make better decisions? Would we share the future with anyone that would listen?


Though we can't travel back in time, we can know one future event for sure. Jesus will return and we know it. We are living "back in time". Do we act like we are the most brilliant people in the world? How do we treat others? Do we make good decisions? Do we share the future with anyone that will listen?


This world is not my home

I'm just a-passing through

My treasures are laid up

Somewhere beyond the blue.

The angels beckon me

From heaven's open door

And I can't feel at home

In this world anymore.

Oh Lord, you knowI have no friend like you

If heaven's not my homeThen Lord what will I do.

The angels beckon me

From heaven's open door

And I can't feel at home

In this world anymore.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh, you've given me another idea for a survey question. I can't wait!

Good reminder of what we should do with our knowledge of the future. (Cool picture too. And you think your blog is boring?!)

Neva said...

I am very glad we can't travel back in time, I am pretty sure I would make even more mistakes--not sure how many times it would take to get somethings right--you know what I mean? Wouldn't it be discouraging to keep living the same days and keep doing them incorrectly? Besides, I like the way God took my mistakes and worked them out for my good. Interesting post, though.
Peace,
Neva

TREY MORGAN said...

Lisa's surveys. My top 10 lists. It's a good thing you and Neva write real blogs. ha

You are the BOMB

Lisa said...

Thanks a lot, Trey. Now I'm wondering if I should delete the survey I just put up.