Well, I must say that I am ashamed of myself. I have not posted a new entry in one entire week. This is probably a mommysmart first. If you visit this blog daily then I'm sure that you are thinking...."Enough already about your kids birthday"!
The next confession that I must make is that I am suffering from EXTREME writers block and have been for several months. It could be that college classes are sucking the creativity right out of my head or that I am just getting old and less imaginative. Whatever the case, I will be back!
For now I will just give you the bullet point version of that last week of the life of mommysmart......
- I had mid-terms last week. Yuk Yuk Yuk! I did ok and am not sure whether I am excited that I am half way through this semester or disappointed that I am only half way through this semester.
- I MET NEVA! Woohoo, was that fun. It was the coolest thing, because I sat at the restaurant looking at every woman walking in the door wondering if that was her. She has only been a character in the "novel" part of my life until now. I feel like now I have been to the movie and can put a real person as the character. If you don't know Neva then you should stop reading this silly list and go over to her blog. You will be inspired.
- I allowed God to work his gift of forgiveness in my life. There is really no need for a ton of details besides that I had been holding on to some pain that needed to be forgiven. God put unimaginable circumstances and people into my life and into that day in particular so that I could be released.
- Football, Football, and more Football. We had a great football week. The Jr. High suffered a loss, but they are making huge improvements. Our Varsity had a BIG win! I feel such a sense of pride in these guys. I know that Rocky pours his heart and soul into making them the best that they can be, and they never cease to amaze me. They are amazing young men.
- After a week of very late nights, I slept in on Saturday and then caught up on some DVR episodes of Oprah. She had cheating spouses, money-spending maniacs, and menopause symptoms. That was good encouragement to get out of bed and make something good out of my day.
So there you go, one boring list. I promise to try to deliver some real stuff at some point this week. May God bless your day!