Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Proverbs 31 Woman


Sometimes as a wife and mommy, I get overwhelmed. I know that I just spoke to the core of every woman reading this blog. Recently Stacy and I were talking about the Proverbs 31 woman. I have sort of grown up thinking that was the way that a woman should be and I love that I can say that I saw that woman living her life in my family. After our conversation, I decided to read about her again for some encouragement (which usually makes me realize that I should be doing more). This time I read something that I have never really given much thought to before.

….She riseth also while it is yet night, And giveth food to her household, And their task to her maidens……

I hope that you just realized what I did. She had “maidens”. Even the proverbs gal didn’t do everything by herself. So in honor of the proverbs woman, I pray that today you will find a way to let someone else help you so that your most important roles as a wife and mommy can get your most attention.

5 comments:

Monalea said...

Excellent, excellent, excellent. I continue to be amazed by you.

Monalea

Monalea said...

P.S. And I continue to glean things I need so badly.

Monalea

Neva said...

Cool---
Hey today, I had to go to Hereford to pick up a nursing home resident. I saw a sign that said "Nazareth"---and it was all I could do to keep the nursing home van from turning that way! I dreamed about stopping and asking if you wanted to have lunch--sigh!
Peace
Neva

Liss and MOMMY said...

please send maidens! Thanks for the blog comes at a great time.

Maxine said...

I think one of them is my fourteen year old daughter. Lately, my retired husband has been one by helping with the dishes and doing his own laundry. I think that's pretty helpful, huh? Also, I view my washing machine, dryer and vacuum cleaner as "maidens." Microwave too! Don't have a dishwasher. :(