Thursday, December 06, 2007

Saint Nicholas - December 6th


Ok, here in Naz there is a tradition that I found fascinating. On December 5th the kids put their shoes on the porch and St. Nicholas fills them with a gift. I have now spent entirely too much time on google educating myself. I found a great link here about the history of St. Nicholas and the way he evolved into our modern day Santa Claus. We were very excited to join in the fun and I can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow.



If you are celebrating this please share your stories in the comments!

3 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Really? Never, ever heard of such a thing.

Maxine said...

Wow. What a picture. I've heard of this but thought it was in January. I have friends who do this--at least I think it's the same thing.

Liss and MOMMY said...

What if your kids have really big feet?