Saturday, February 16, 2008

I accept your challenge....


I have found blogging to be such a blessing in my life. I have said it a million times before that blogging is an excellent source for fun and release of thoughts. I apologize that you are continually exposed to my ongoing therapy with my writing. I really do believe that it is the greatest outlet for my feelings. No good blogger gets to stay in the bloggie world without an occasional "tag".
I was tagged by my friend, Cherise. I will get to the 5 habits/quirks about me, but first I need to tell you about a blessing of reconnection. Cherise and I met at LCU way back in 1993. She was one of those girls that everyone loved and she had a way of instantly lighting up a room with her confidence and humor. I remember that she ate dry cereal for snacks, she could sing like an angel, she loved her daddy, and that she had the light of the Holy Spirit escaping her every pore. She was my friend, but then she was everyone's friend. I left LCU after my freshman year. I didn't really keep up with very many people. I was married in 1996 and wanted Cherise to be a part of it since she had continued to be my friend even after I left LCU. Since then, we lost touch.




Recently I received an LCU alumni magazine that had her email address in it. I wanted to know about her life so I decided that I would send her an email. Because I wasn't sure where to start, I procrastinated and a week went by. God decided to send me another gentle reminder. I stumbled upon her blog the very next week. I knew that it was time to check in on my sweet friend. I thank God for the blessing of reconnection. Please go visit Cherise and be blessed by her blog.




Now for the tag...................................................




FIVE UNIMPORTANT QUIRKS OR HABBITS OF MOMMYSMART




1. I have a recurring dream about a house in Memphis, Texas. I lived in Memphis when I was little. One of my friends lived in a house out in the country. I thought that it was the coolest house. It was three stories and the about half of the house was below ground level. The top story was only my friend and her brother's bedrooms. They were Jack and Jill bedroom/bath. I have this dream that I live there.




2. I am addicted to Torani sugar-free almond roca coffee syrup. It is so great in my coffee, in my smoothies, on ice cream, in my diet dr. pepper. I also love the way that it smells. Sometimes I just open it and smell it. Which leads me to number 3........




3. I have a very good sniffer. I usually know instantly what I am smelling. I will most often guess your perfume and I LOVE candles.




4. In the summer, I shave my arms. I hate the look of hair glistening in the sunlight all over my arms. Your arm hair is not a problem for me, but mine is.




5. I wear my original baby ring on the end of my pinkie finger. It has been there since I was sixteen. I NEVER take it off.




So there you have it. Five things that will not likely make your life any more exciting and hopefully will not leave you thinking that I am a freak of nature. So now I tag Monalea, Maxine, and Stacie.

4 comments:

Procters said...

Thank you for the sweet words, friend. You are precious to me. I have been so blessed by this reconnection as well.
And I am so going to have to try some of that sugar free syrup. I wonder how it would taste on my dry cereal? :)

Fun Family Fitness said...

That is really neat. I like the story about your OLD/NEW friend and I loved the quirks...everyone has them...yours are cute...steph

Stacie said...

Are there any rules to the tag?

Maxine said...

Hi, Monica. I just saw this tag. Boy, we all sure do have our quirks don't we? I was so tickled by your number 4.:-) I may not be able to sift through all my 30,000 quirks right now to pick just a few--I'm not having much time for blogging because so much is going and I'm behind in a few I need to do, but we'll see! Thanks for thinking of me.