Thursday, February 21, 2008

People vs. Bible

As I waited for appointment #2 this morning, I picked up my people magazine. I was reading about the life of Bette Midler when the song on the CD player caught my attention. "Word of God Speak". I immediately thought to myself, "Yes, word of God speak."
That is when it occurred to me. In order to hear the word of God speak, I must be in his word. Now I'm not saying that God couldn't use my people magazine to get a message across to me, but I felt convicted to bring my bible to work and use these tiny bits of time to be in his word. I am the first to pipe up with an excuse for my lack of time, but that was about 10 min that could have been used in study. Besides, I really don't think that my life is anymore blessed knowing that Bette Midler was born in Honolulu. Sorry Bette (cause ya'll know that she probably reads mommysmart)!

No comments: