Sunday, September 17, 2006

THOUGHTS

Have you ever noticed how some days seem so important and others have little significance to you personally. Today is one of those uneventful days to me personally. I started searching for something that I could relate to on this September 17th and here is what I found....

On September 17, 1787, the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention held their final meeting. Only one item of business occupied the agenda that day, to sign the Constitution of the United States of America.

Today is Constitution Day! Being the history dufus that I am (yes, I am married to a history teacher), I decided to do some reading. Why do I feel like this is new information? I really think that I should go back to high school US history. Ok, I suddenly realized why this all seems new. I can tell you every detail of who was dating who, what all of my friends were wearing (big hair), and could probably still do our cheerleading dance to the fight song. Sadly, I can hardly recall talking about the establishment of the laws of our country. My husband says that they are going to be discussing the constitution in his class tomorrow in observance of constitution day. Maybe I should join his class. At least he would have ONE attentive student.

IT'S CROCKPOT TIME

http://www.crock-pot-recipes.info/

I love to use my crockpot during the winter. This website is packed full of recipes. Please let me know if you know of other great sites for crockpot season.

INSPIRATION

You have probably seen the new book by Robin McGraw. I read an excerpt and I think that it looks great.

http://www.womenoffaith.com/insidemyheart/excerpt.asp

A lot of people go through life without really thinking about who they are and
why they do the things they do. It’s as if they’re living their lives on autopilot, staring
straight ahead without seeing anything other than what’s right in front of their faces.
They accept what comes their way without considering whether or not it’s right for them,
and don’t realize that by passively accepting whatever happens, they are giving up
chances every day to create the lives they want. Robin McGraw


This is a struggle that I have been having myself. I think that it happens to a lot of women. We get so completey wrapped up in the lives of those that we love that we don't embrace our own lives. I can so easily gain strength from the successes of my husband and children, but those are not mine to have. I need my own supply of strength. So as a challenge to you and myself...let's embrace something new that is ONLY for ourselves. Remember to talk to God about it first.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your pans will succeed.

RE-INVENT YOUR BUDGET

I can't belive that I have already had two post and not once metioned how much I love the Oprah Debt Diet information. After watching the 5 episodes that she devoted entirely to debt and money, I have tried to follow closely the steps to success. I have inclued the link that takes you to the monthly spending plan calculator. This was my favorite part of the series.

http://www2.oprah.com/money/debtdiet/steps/debtdiet_steps_05_b.jhtml

You can enter you net pay and it shows you exactly what you should be spending in all financial areas of your life. This was great information!

Blessings

Because of my history lesson today, I feel so blessed to be an American. I know that even the poorest of our country have more than the majority of the world. I feel blessed that of all of the wars that have protected our country, I have never lost a loved one. I feel blessed that there are people who are willing to make that sacrifice so that my freedom is secured. I am proud to be an American.

That is all from this day in the life of mommysmart.

No comments: