Friday, September 15, 2006

My first Mommysmart Post

Thoughts

I have big plans today...laundry, cleaning, organizing the kids rooms. I hope that I can complete at least half of my ambitious tasks. This is also big game night so I won't have the entire day. We leave at 6:00 to make in time for the 7:30 game. This is going to be a great year to be a coaches wife. We have a great team. Great seats. Great parking (reserved). And the best thing is that the kids are great ages. It's the first year that I have not carried a baby bag with diapers and snacks. I actually watched the game last week. I really enjoy high school football, but I can count on one hand how many games that I have actually gotten to watch because of the kiddos climbing on me and whinning.

New Discoveries
http://www.phillyswirl.com/products/products.cfm

These are wonderful popsicles and have only 48 calories for the fruit and 57 calories for the fudge.

Inspiration
http://www.purposedrivenlife.com/devarchive.aspx?ARCHIVEID=92

This was one of my favorite devotionals so far. It really sheds light on what our true lifes purpose should be. Example: God didn’t save us and leave us on Earth to band together and live nice, safe little Christian lives until he returns or we die, whichever comes first.

If you like these devotionals you can join their email list. They are wonderful!

In the News

Baby spinach and spring mix salads

August 2, 2006 - Between 30,000 and 35,000 bags of baby spinach and spring mix, manufactured by Classic Salads, are being recalled because they may be contaminated by salmonella, a bacteria that can cause fever, diarrhea and vomiting. These infections could be serious or fatal for children, elderly individuals and those with compromised immune systems.
The recall includes 4-pound, 2-pound and 10-ounce bags of baby spinach as well as 3-pound, 1 1/2-pound, 1-pound and 7-ounce bags of spring mix. The salads come in clear plastic bags with lot code number 1502XXX stamped on them. The affected spinach and spring mix bags were processed on July 24 and distributed in the United States, Canada and Japan. Return the bag to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information visit
www.fda.gov



Blessings

Today I feel blessed to be a called a friend and to have friends. I have so many wonderful friends. They all have a special purpose in my life. Some are here to for daily struggles and to live parallel lives so that they can always relate. Some are here for comic relief. Some for inspiration even though there may be little communication. Some are older so that they can guide me. Some are younger so that they can remind me. All of them are gifts from God and am so thankful for all of them.

I realized yesterday that I even have a friend that has been in my life for 22 years. Proverbs 18:24 says A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. I really believe that those of us who were not blessed with a sister were given a special friend a "kindred spirit".

So that's all from this day in the life of mommysmart!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Twenty-two years.....twenty-two FULL years! I look forward to what the next 22 bring! LYLAS!

Mommysmart said...

Neato bandito.

How do you find the time to do all this stuff? Are you neglecting my baby?

michelle basil said...

I love your blog. It reminded me to be thankful for my friends and incredible coaches wives including yourself.