Wednesday, October 25, 2006


THOUGHTS
I just wanted to share another really great book. My friend Marley loved this book so much that she brought it to me. I read it in a week and a couple of days. That's pretty fast for me. I usually don't choose fiction, but this one was absolutely amazing and very thought provoking. Without giving you too much, I need to say that it really challenged my idea of what it means to be a christian. Let me know if you read it.





HOW MUCH TO TIP?
We recently ordered pizza and I again was unsure just how much to tip. I started researching and found some answers. This topic has been discussed on Oprah, morning shows, and nearly all restaurant tables around the U.S. I believe in following the industry standard which I thought was 20%, but I am reading that it is actually only 15%. Good news for me, maybe not so good for any of you NON-TIPPERS! One of our friends always says, "God only expects 10%." I probably see it a little differently because I have worked in an industry that accepted tips. I think that best thing that anyone ever told me was the she preferred tipping more than the average because she knew that those people were working hard and raising families rather than to give money to someone who was unwilling to work. She saw it as a way to help somone else who would also be giving back. I know someone else (I won't name names) that believes that it is not really fair for the restaruants to expect us to "pay" their employees especially after an already high price to dine out. I can see that point, but until the restaurants change their base pay then I guess we are stuck picking up the rest. Just thoughts...let me know how you feel.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/tipping/

http://www.tipping.org/tips/TipsPageTipsUS.html
Songs that move me...
Don't you just love that there are songs that move you to tears everytime you hear them. There's a stirring does that to me everytime. We sang it this last week in church. I think that I can name a song from every church that we have ever been that just sounds great there and no where else. This may be one of those for RHCC, but I still love the lyrics.
There's a stirring deep within me
could it be my time has come?
When i'll see my gracious savior
face to face when all is done.
Is that His voice I am hearing?
Come away my precious one.
Is he calling me?
Is he calling me?
I will rise up, rise up
and bow down
and lay my crown
at his wounded feet
There's a stirring deep within me
could it be my time has come
when i'll see my gracious savior
face to face when all is done
is that his voice i am hearing?
come away my precious one
is he calling me?
is he calling me?(calling me)
i will rise uprise up
and bow down
and lay my crown
at his wounded feet
Is that his voice i am hearing?
come away my precious one.
I will rise up
rise upand bow down
and lay my crown
at his wounded feet
i will rise uprise upand bow down
and lay my crown at his wounded feet
You must see this
If you read nothing else on my blog today please watch this video and then share with your daughters.
Things that I admire about
Ma
First of all there is never enough space for me to write all that I admire about my grandmother, but here are a few.
she is so giving, very devoted wife, she is never negative, the most perfect example of a christian wife and mother that I have ever known, she has always given of herself to others all of her life, she is strong, never complains, she is wise, she is proud of her family, compassionate, forgiving, and most importantly she has been an example to her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren in a way that has shaped our lives.
Blessings
Thank you, Lord, for books and songs and wonderful christians that inspire me to be better for you!

1 comment:

Mommysmart said...

That was nice to write about Ma. I talked to her on the phone last night for about 40 minutes.

I always enjoy visiting with her.