I didn't post yesterday because I was feeling grumbly. I don't always come across very "christ-like" during these times. I sound more like a spoiled-brat baby. NOT PRETTY! I feel sorry for my family because they don't get the option of not "clicking on my blog". They get the good, bad, and sometimes ugly personality days without choice. I was reminded of a sermon that Rick did a while back about people only attending church when they are "FINE". The truth is that we need each other the most when we are not FINE. So here are a few things that work for me when I am not FINE......
1. Start the day with a prayer and don't end it....everything that you say will be a conversation to God....that'll make you choose your words a little more wisely.
2. Fast. Maybe only for a meal so that you can talk to God and work through the blues. You will find yourself more "full" than if you had eaten.
3. Express your gratitude. Journals are great. It is hard to be sad when you are seeing all of your blessings.
4. Give yourself permission to slow down a little.
5. Get outside. Sunlight does amazing things to mind clarity.
6. Work out. I never want to do this one when I am down and out, but it is a must.
7. Chocolate - sorry guys this may not work for you, but as for us girls it is a no-brainer. Besides you just worked out.
8. Do something for someone else. I played power rangers for an hour yesterday. Depending on your child you may need to play hot wheels, barbies, or a game. Around here, it is power rangers and apparently I don't play as good as Daddy.
9. Find someone that is struggling. Pray for them.
10. Listen - I have heard God more in the valleys than on mountain tops. He may have you there for a reason.
So there you go (Trey I know you are proud of my top 10 list)! Feel free to add what works for you.