Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Digging in the Archives


I was digging in my archives for another story and found this that I had originally written Novemeber of '06. It just sort of fit how I was feeling even today, so I re-posted.



If there are two things that I believe in completely, it is choices and attitude. I believe that everyday that you have the blessing of opening your eyes and taking a breath that you get choices. Of the these choices, the most important one, is attitude.
With that being said, I also don’t believe that bad choices are a life sentence. If you are a Christian, then that is something that you not only believe, but are awarded by the death of Jesus. I was watching Oprah yesterday and she said something very profound. She had a young girl on her show that was in prison for killing her newborn. It was awful and graphic. At the very end of the show, Oprah said to her that “you are not your past”. That is so simple and yet so easily overlooked. There is also a quote from Maya Angelou that says…You did then what you knew how to do and now that you know better, you can do better. I still don’t know why Christians are the hardest to convince or this. We are freed by the blood of Jesus and yet we walk around carrying all of this “bad choice” baggage.
Ephesians 1:7He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.


You are not your past. You are what is possible for you. Own this truth and move forward in your life. Forgive yourself, and others will be able to forgive you." ----Oprah Winfrey



So let’s let it all go!

7 comments:

Stachia said...

I am so glad your reposted. Very good post. Have an awesome day!
Stachia

TREY MORGAN said...

I like re-posts. I think it's neat to see what the original poster thinks is good.

Can you come back over this weekend and see us? It's only a four hour drive!

Mommysmart said...

Aren't you going to be in my neighborhood this weekend? LTC? We will be going to watch all of my cousins perform.

Mommysmart said...

Stachia,

I assume that you will be here this weekend, too. I will see you then.

Stachia said...

Yes we will be there. Looking at the time on your post were you having a hard time sleeping? Or are you like Leah and don't require much sleep?

Mommysmart said...

Stachia,

OOPS! My computer sometimes posts two hours earlier than I actually post. I nearly always post between 6:00 and 6:30. Trust me, if I were posting at 4:00 am that's what the post would be about. I am an eight hour girl. See you this weekend.

The Preacher's Household: said...

Great post. I know entire lives that are ruined because they can not get over their past.
Kathy