Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Keith and Stephanie


There are times in everyone's life that you pray with conviction that is unlike other times in your life. We were challenged in our sunday school class awhile back to pray to God with specific requests and then let God go to work. There were a lot of things in my life and even others that I loved that I considered but nothing was on my heart more than my youngest brother.

Just to give you a little background, my brother is an awesome single guy who lives his life following God and works as a coach helping young kids everyday. To say that I think he is amazing is an understatement. He is also very athletic (runs lots of marathons), funny, and I have been told that he is "hot". Everywhere that we went girls would notice him, yet he was having a string of bad luck in the dating world.

I decided (and pulled my mom in on this, too) that we needed to pray that God send him "the one". I didn't want just some "friend" or "cute dates", but for God to send him the girl that was to be his mate. Three weeks after praying that prayer, he called to tell me that he was bringing a date to my super bowl party. That is the day that we met Stephanie. We all liked her instantly. She is a kindergarten teacher in the same school district as my brother and they were already attending the same church.

Their dating has been a whirlwind and they get closer every time we see them. Yesterday he called me to say that they were engaged.

God is at work and he answers prayer! Today I will be praying a prayer of thanksgiving for the joy that he has brought my brother. I challenge you to pray boldly!

3 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Love to story ... love your brother. This is another great example of bold prayering. I love the thought of praying rediculous prayers ... I don't imagine they are rediculous to God.

Maxine said...

Oh, I love this story! praise God from whom all blessings flow and a good wife is,indeed, a blessing. Thank you so much for the reminder about bold praying. I guess it's time to start praying boldly for a mate for my fourteen year old daughter AND for my ten month old granddaughter! Can't start too early, I would say.

Liz said...

Wonderful story! I love hearing stories of answered prayers