Monday, September 10, 2007

No Doubts


I heard something recently that bothered me. An older gentleman was talking about heaven, grace, and the blood of Jesus. He had it all right except one comment. He said, "We know that we will one day be in heaven, but we will always have our doubts." I have NO doubts.


Unfortunately, this is not the first time that I have heard this. I want to teach my kids a lot of things in life, but one of the most important is that once you except Jesus and commit your life to him.....There are no doubts!!


Maybe that comment is meant to be some attempt at humility, but I see a contradiction. If we teach that you should bring your life to Jesus to be saved and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. But, then we tell you that after that we should doubt, then we just took away the reason that you should believe in the power of the blood of Jesus.


We have been set free by the grace of our father through the blood of Jesus. I have faith in that statement and I have committed my life to that so I HAVE NOT DOUBT!!!


I apologize for this little Monday morning sermon; I just needed to get that off of my chest.

3 comments:

Matt H. said...

It's really a great feeling, having no doubt. Good post, and thanks. Congrads., to Rocky for the Naz win!!

ran said...

Isn't that the point?!?!? We are covered by the blood of Jesus. I may fail, but I have the blood of Jesus and his grace and mercy to get back on track. I don't have to doubt that.

I am no longer a 'live in the state' Texan, but once a Texan ALWAYS a Texan. In fact not far from Nazareth, in Abernathy.

Enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing.

TREY MORGAN said...

The apostle John said, "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that YOU MAY KNOW that you have eternal life."

I always remind people he didn't say, "So you may wonder or doubt." But so you may KNOW!