Monday, March 10, 2008

Because I'm sure you want to know about my personal drama.......


My mind is a cluttered mess! I have so much going on this week that I hardly know where to start in organizing it all into a list. I am also dealing with some internal struggles that need just a little extra praying on my behalf from you. Here is the breakdown of the stuff in my head......



  • I'm going to the chapel, and they're goin' to get maaaaarried......This would be my little brother and Stephanie. The will be married on Saturday evening in Denton. You can read about the way that God worked in this relationship here.

  • I have 3 extra assignments on top of my regular school load this week. I really think that my professors this semester have a death wish for me. Nevermind the other hundreds of students in my classes, I just know that this is personal. Ha Ha

  • I am having minor hair drama.....AGAIN.....I am going to see my sweet friend in Colleyville on Friday and she will fix me up. Please sit down for this..........I am finding lots of grey. I have decided that I must go back to my blond. At least blond disguises grey better than my natural mousey brown.

  • Did I mention that my baby brother is getting married?

  • This past weekend, Ashlynn's b-ball team got second place in their tournament. It was so much fun. Those Naz girls can play some b-ball even at 8 and 9 years old.

  • We also had our first track meet Saturday in Tulia. I can't believe that it is already this time of the year. Rocky is the head track coach so he is working to get as many kids as possible out for track. Tennis is a big sport here, so he doesn't have everyone in track. Childress was there so I got to visit with Leah and John Paul. Our Naz kids did good! I saw Coach Rhodes (my high school track coach) still working with the track team.

  • This weekend not only am I gaining a sister-in-law, but it is a late wedding so several of my family members are staying in the same hotel. I can't wait to hang out with cousins, aunts, and uncles. I may as excited about this weekend as I have been about anything in a very long time.

  • There are times in life when there seem to be changes occuring that you feel that you have little control over. I am going through some things in my personal walk that are changing my thinking. I decided last summer that I needed to give God more control over where he wants me to be in life. Our move here was my first chance to really let him take over. I have found so many blessings in my life since releasing that control. Once I again I can feel his tug on my heart to let him work in my life. I just want to ask you for prayers as I release my grip.

I pray blessings to you all for this week!






8 comments:

Procters said...

I am praying for you, my friend. Even positive change can be stressful. Our God is a powerful and loving God. He ALWAYS wants the best for you.

Fun Family Fitness said...

have a great weekend...this week will soon be over with and you can enjoy your family....take care of yourself...and I, myself...totally understand about letting go....we have somethings going on with our lifes and I finally said that I can't worry about it anymore...God knows what is the best for us...again...have a great weekend...

Procters said...

It's me...again. I was just made aware of a scripture that I have heard before, but forgot. I had to share it with you...Exodus 14:14.
Have a great week!

Mommysmart said...

Cherise,
This is a great one and very fitting for my feelings on this post. Thank you!!!

Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."

Erica Smith said...

Hey Monica! This is Erica Smith, Ashlynn's First Grade Teacher. I found you through Lori's blog! Please tell Ashlynn hi! I hope she is liking 3rd grade! You will have to show her pics of Hoss's new little brother Colton on my blog page http://jecsmith.blogspot.com/.

Take care! :)

preacherman said...

I want you know that you are in my prayers. I enjoyed your blog and look forward to reading more in the future. Understand that when we have hard times, busy lives, and sometimes God seems 1000 miles away. Just as he did with Job he joins us on the ash heap of life. He never leaves us or forsakes us. He cares for us.
I will pray God's richest blessings on your life in the name of Jesus.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry

Stachia said...

Monica,

Have you read the book Facing Your Giants? It has a quote in there that says "Focus on Your Giants and Your Giants and You Will Stumble, Focus on God and Your Giants Will Tumble." Hang in there.

Stachia said...

I guess my mind and my fingers were not on the same page when I posted the previous remarks. The quote is " Focus on Giants & You will Stumble, Focus on God and Your Giants will Tumble."