Tuesday, October 17, 2006

THOUGHTS

Since we are working on praying with our children (other than the memorized ones), I have been so amazed at their little minds. Rylan thanked God last night for Nick Jr. and told him that he really liked Dora the Explorer and Diego. I tried not to giggle out loud.

Another great kid moment came on Sunday when I took Ashlynn shopping with her birthday money. I can not remember that last time that I had guilt free shopping that was just for me. I always feel like I should be practical or buy for the kids instead of me. She had so much fun. I loved watching her eyes light up when she found something that she loved and had the money to buy. Most of it was random, but it was fun to see the freedom in her that I have somehow lost as a mommy.

Kids really are given to us to remind us of who we really are and what we are really here for!

THINGS THAT I ADMIRE ABOUT

I had the great oppurtunity to spend time on Monday with two good friends. After my good day, I felt that I couldn't choose because I had witnessed such admiral traits in them both.

Lauri
giving, honest, a Godly woman, fun, VERY organized, she never makes "un-thought out" decisions, she is brave, great relationships with her family, silly, a very loyal friend, and most importantly someone that I can always depend on to pray for me.


Marley
a great mom and wife, she is a stong woman, self-disciplined, a self starter, a great mentor, dedicated, trustworthy, a great thinker, content, unselfish, she has a great ability to see your good points and tell you about them, and most importantly keeps her priorities to God and her family straight.

Halloween Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens

http://ww5.bhg.com/bhg/category.jhtml;jsessionid=US40HH45V2GW3QFIBQNSBHQ?categoryid=/templatedata/bhg/category/data/Halloween_FoodAndEntertaining.xml



My personal struggle with self-righteouness

I don't know why it is that we sometimes feel that all sins are categorized into bad, really bad, and devastating. I catch myself thinking that I sin, but I don't do..... There are so many times in scripture that we are reminded that ALL sin put Jesus on the cross and that without his death we would be seperated from God. I would appreciate your prayer for me as I work on this in my personal life.


Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

John 8:7 "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Blessings

I am blessed to be a child of God. I am blessed to be able to ask for forgivness and that the grace of God covers my sin. I am so thankful that God puts on my heart little reminders when I begin to forget what he has done for me.

So that's all from this day in the life of mommysmart!

No comments: